Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DADDY....pull your arm out of that horse and COME HOME!


Richard has been gone for 3 weeks in California where he is completing his Equine Internal Medicine rotation. He has two more weeks to complete and we are anxiously awaiting his return on Nov. 1st!



15 REASONS WHY DADDY NEEDS TO COME HOME

1. Once dad is back maybe Sadie will stop telling people that dad now lives in a motorhome. Yes...it is the truth, but unless people are told our situation it just sounds as bad as dad choosing to live in a van down by the river.
2. The fish need someone to come to their rescue. Mom and the kids have managed to kill...what... like 6 out of the 8 fish. I guess it takes a vet to keep those things alive and well.
3. Mom also somehow killed the only plant she was in charge of keeping alive. I know mom's nurturing skills should be questioned now that she's killed off the fish and the plant. But lets not forget the kids are still alive and that's what's most important...right?
4. We just need more of dad in our day. A phone call just isn't enough! We miss that much anticipated and exciting moment everyday when dad walks in the door.
5. Not only does our very pregnant mom need one of dads big hugs...but she could also use a good foot massage to help her cope with her aching kankles.
6. Mom could use dads help with some housecleaning. To get at all those hard to reach areas, you know the ones that are hard to reach from the comfort of mom's bed!
7. Mason seems to think that Mom can't sing "Spider pig" as well as Dad. Whenever Mom trys, he gets mad and yells "No...Daddy!"
8. Because of moms lack of energy the kids are getting away with murder. Unless their screaming includes the words "I'm bleeding", "Someone else is bleeding", "I'm not breathing", or "Someone else is not breathing", Mom pretty much just lets the kids duke it out on their own.
9. Whenever the dogs bark, Mason yells "Daddy". Then I have to break the bad news that the dogs are actually retarded and that nobody walked through the front door.
10. Sadie is just not happy with the way I end the storybook "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly". The last words are "She swallowed a horse...of course". No matter how hard I try...I just don't seem to say it the right way LIKE DADDY!
11. Mommy's patience is wearing thin. Sadie included in her prayer last night "Please bless mommy that she will not be mean and take things away". It's true it only took Mason throwing his food once at the dinner table for mom to get upset and take away his food leaving him hungry and in tears...but once again let's focus on the fact that the kids are still alive and well.
12. We need our interpreter back. Dad just has a knack at understanding Mason's Tongan speaking ways. The other day Mason gets on the phone with dad and says "Hi Daddy...pa,pa....maaaaa". When mom got back on the phone dad says "Oh so you're feeding the fish right now"....REALLY...how on earth did he gather that information from that conversation? Dad said it was easy...a fish says pa,pa and maaaa is Mason's kiss goodbye. Wow hopefully dad will always be as good at understanding and communicating with our kids, especially when they are teenagers.
13. Because other people are starting to wonder who the father of all these children are. Last Friday we went to the Zoo with Grandma, Grandpa and 14 year old Uncle Brian. Brian spent the day pushing the kids in the stroller. There was one point when we were walking out of the zoo that Grandma and Grandpa fell behind and so mom and Brian were left walking alone with the kids. Mom got the funniest looks when people would look at the two kids, mom's very pregnant belly, and then look at little 14 year Brian pushing the stroller. I just think mom would feel more comfortable in public places if she was with her 29 year old husband instead of her 14 year old brother in-law.
14. Mom's ready to resign her early morning duties back over to dad. Especially on those mornings when the wake up call is Sadie screaming "Mom....Mom...I've pooped a lot and I can't wipe it all off myself!"
15. Because...we MISS YOU like crazy! We love you and we can't wait to be back together as a family soon.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Nickie, you are amazing! very few women have the patience you do. It will all pay off and you'll live happily ever after :)

Tawni Williams said...

Oh I hope he comes home soon - only two more fish!! ha ha :) I love that someone snapped a shot while his arm was fully extended ha ha - I freaking love you people. Get home soon Rich!!

LaRue Country Living said...

I love the list. It made me laugh. The underwear thing is great! My girls did it too. Its great seeing things are going well.

roxfox said...

you should get a job with Letterman doing the top 10. They probably can't afford you.