Saturday, January 24, 2009

Catching Up

Now that we are out of the hospital and on the mend...it's time to play catch up! Things that happened during the crazy month of January:

Kendyl turned a month old!
Kendyl is such a delight to be around. We are enjoying her so much more on the outside of my womb than on the inside. Her sweet personality is making up for those long difficult months in the pregnancy. She is a very easy going and predictable baby. When she starts fussing, it never takes long to make her happy again. She is our little smiler. She's been smiling from the time she was a week old. Our other kids would smile in their sleep at an early age, but they never smiled as a response to something we were doing until they were about 6 weeks old. From the time Kendyl was about 3 weeks old, whenever I speak to her in a soft high pitch voice, her eyes get real big and then she breaks out in a smile. There was one time when in the hospital (at 3 weeks old) she had been crying for a 1/2 an hour while they were trying to insert an IV, once they were finished I came back into the room and started talking to her and she just looked at me and smiled. It broke my heart to think how forgiving she was! She loves to lay on her stomach. All I had to do to get her to smile for this picture was lay her on her tummy and she smiled for about a minute. She is a strong eater and is growing like a weed. At 3 weeks, while in the hospital, she weighed 8lbs 9 oz and did not gain any weight and that concerned the doctor. At her 4 week checkup she had gained a whole pound...9lbs 9oz...he was very impressed. We are happy that she's healthy and happy and that she's ours to enjoy.

And not to brag, but we've noticed some unique talents emerging from this child. As seen in this picture...our child has mastered how to blow bubbles out of her nose. That's not an easy trick!



UTAH HERE WE COME


For those who haven't heard...Richard accepted an internship working for a vet next year in Salt Lake City. We are very excited to be returning to Utah, we have really missed living there and we are happy we will be living so close to my family. Our expected move date will be late May or early June.

7 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

Seriously you have such BEAUTIFUL kids - Not surprised - but worth saying. I'm SOO SOOOOOO happy you are coming back to UT! You need to email me your number again (yep I had to get yet another one..) I want to call you!

Kimberly Lee said...

Nickie, you have been through so much!! I'm so sorry, it can only get better, right??

Your baby is a doll!! Congratulations again!!

Andrews Family said...

That's so exciting that you guys know where you are going. You'll have to call us on your way up to Utah and maybe stop by or something (we should be in St. George by then). Jayden would be so excited to have Sadie visit him.

Kendyl is definitely a Reeves. If I didn't know that picture was her...I would have thought it was one of your other kids. She's a doll!

Sorry to hear about all the hospital visits...I was just sick reading about them..you guys are troopers...way to hang in there!!!

Mary said...

She is just darling. I can't wait to meet her and nibble on those cheeks.

Laura said...

I have been working on blowing bubbles from my nose but I have not mastered it yet. Maybe Kendyl could give me some tips :) She is a beautiful baby and congrats on going back to Utah!

The Shane Gang said...

Reeves family! It sounds like you had a crazy month of January so far! Let us know when you get to Utah. We live in Lehi now, and we will definitely have to get together and catch up!

Brett + Kristin said...

Yeah for you guys! That is great!