Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things

So I was tagged a long time ago and never got around to doing this. Then I was tagged a bunch of times on Facebook so I decided to give this a go. So here's 25 random things about me...

1. I struggle to wear jeans in the comfort of my own home....because they are NOT comfortable at all. I would love to stay in my pajama pants all day long. But I'm trying to be a good example to my kids, especially because Sadie has inherited this from me but she prefers to just take off her clothes. We are working on this before she starts kindergarten.
2. My favorite food is a sweet potato...with no sugar added. I like them plain and I crave them like I do chocolate. When I'm pregnant I would usually eat one or two a day...no my babies did not come out orange.
3. I love to exercise. I love getting my heart rate up and feeling like I'm getting my trashed kicked...ironically I HATE CLIMBING THE STAIRS it's just too tiring.
4. I love being in the mountains, but I'm terrified of the deadly wild life that wanders through them. Last time Rich and I went camping, while taking a hike, I carried a sling shot and a rock to fend off the bears and I made my husband wear his dive knife on his leg. My husband is a good sport... he knew just as well as I did that this was not going to fend off the bears but he did it anyway to bring me a little peace of mind.
5. I'm pretty tight with my money, probably because I don't have any. I won't even pay someone to cut my hair. I used to have my husband cut it (and ladies....he would even color it too) but he hated doing it and he hated me telling people about it so he refuses to do it anymore. Now I just find random people who are willing to give it a try...I know daring!
6. I cannot handle morning breath. I can't even handle my own morning breath. My husband rarely rolls over in the middle of the night because he knows I'm paranoid of even catching the slightest scent of morning breath. But in my defense he knew this about me before we got married. Before we ever kissed while dating I made sure we both either had recently brushed teeth or we had gum in our mouths.
7. I love to tell stories. I get this from my mom. I find myself talking too much when a group of girl friends get together.
8. One of my favorite days of the year is Black Friday (Day after Thanksgiving). I don't always go shopping to get the great deals. Sometimes I go just to enjoy and observe the wackos that go A-wall to get what they want.
9. I cry over everything when I'm pregnant. While pregnant with my first child my husband came home to me after shedding a couple of tears. I was embarrassed to tell him that it was the "Emergency Alert" commercial when the grandma falls and can't get up that made me so emotional.
10. I really enjoy reading, but I always end my day watching TV instead because it's easier and I don't have to think as much...sad I know!
11. I love to be organized and clean, unfortunately my life is very unorganized, well at least to my standards, because I spend my days chasing 2 crazy monkeys and feeding a baby whose stomach is a bottom-less pit.
12. Some of my fondest memories were created in a run-down motorhome my parents owned named "Betty". Although Betty gave me great memories, I was still very embarrassed of her. One time she broke down when coming off the freeway in my hometown. I was so worried someone would see me so I flagged a ride home from a passer by (I think I knew the person...can't quite remember).
13. I used to cheer in Highschool and College and I could not confine my spirited ways to just my cheerleading activities. I would walk around my home doing turns, kicks and even flips. Luckily I never broke anything in the house.
14. If I could get away with it, I would eat a brownie for breakfast everyday. That's when I crave sweets the most.
15. I graduated from BYU Hawaii and have missed living there ever since I left. I feel like I must have some Polynesian blood in me somewhere down the line, because I'm so drawn to their culture.
16. One of the coolest things I've seen was while laying out on the beach a HUGE sea lion came right up to me on the shore. It stayed there for awhile looking at us before wiggling it's way back to the water. I've also swam with dolphins, I saw a whale splash up it's tail not far from where people were swimming, and I had a manta ray swim right up to me in the ocean. I thought it was a shark and nearly passed out.
17. I've been teaching fitness classes for 6 years. I can sometimes be shy towards some people, but put a microphone on me and put me in front of a class and I become outgoing.
18. I pretty much only drink water or milk. Sweet drinks are not my weakness, which is a good thing because everything else sweet is.
19. My biggest pet peeve (well one of the many) is when a dog licks me...or my son for that matter (he likes to pretend he's dog and will lick me no matter how much I scream at him to stop).
20. Some people live for the future and are always wishing they would get to some point in their life already. Me...I live in the past. I'm always wishing I could go back occasionally and visit my past for a day. I guess that's a good sign that I'm living a happy life if I want to relive parts of it over again.
21. I'm becoming less of an animal lover now that I have kids. I guess I just don't have enough patience for the both of them.
22. I'm horrible at names. I'll admit...sometimes when I ask someone their name I find myself not even listening because I'm thinking about something else.
23. I love occasional rainy days. That way I don't feel so guilty when I cuddle up with my kids and watch movies all day.
24. My favorite time of day is when Richard walks in the door. Especially if there is dinner on the table because I have my three greatest loves at one time....my husband, kids, and food.
25. I love sitting on the couch watching my kids when they play nicely with each other. I always find myself amazed that my husband and I created something so amazing. (Although those are not the thoughts running through my head when they are beating on each other).

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are so cute! Funny nothing really surprised me.

birdeeb said...

Haha my kids pretend they are dogs too..my lil girl has the Biggest toughest bark! LOL They like to lick too..yuck! ;o) YAY I am so glad you are teaching fitness classes! I remember you got me into aerobics...I LOVE it...but it kills me too! I stand out occasionally...:os