Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation from Vet School!

ROAD TRIP TO CALIFORNIA
**First stop....Vegas**
Right after checking into our hotel we hit the pool because the weather was HOT, HOT, HOT!

Mason decided to do some skinny dippin'. We did dress this boy in a swimsuit to begin with....But he must have heard
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS! Kendyl and I did some sunbathing!

So we decided we would take the kids to the Shark exhibit to show them something new...unfortunately I think we exposed them to too many horrible things just in our attempt to get them to the aquarium. Really...who brings their kids to Vegas...um we do! We had to walk through a casino to get to the aquarium and as we walked through I saw a family with small kids and I thought to myself...who really brings their kids to vacation in Vegas....then I reminded myself we were also carrying our small children through the smoke filled trashy casino. Hmm, we need to think of some ways to earn back some good parent points.

The funny thing was we were under the impression this aquarium would be free...WHY WE THOUGHT THAT...not quite sure. We got up to the entrance when we discovered the high price to get in. As we stood there thinking if we should just give in and pay the entrace fee, we were standing under two TV screens playing footage of the sharks. I decided to see if the kids would be disapointed by saying " Ok kids, this is it?" As I pointed to the TV's. Then I told them they could run around and act like sharks themselves. Surprisingly my kids dug it. They got so excited and ran around like crazy sharks (I POSTED A VIDEO OF THIS MADNESS). But in the end we gave in and paid the price.



We spent the two days before graduation at Disneyland!



Hmm doesn't it seem like Rich is enjoying himself a little too much!

Too bad we can't just lock all of them in there while we go and enjoy some adult rides!

I could not get Mason to look at the camera, he was so much more interested in what Minnie was doing.


OUR DARE DEVIL!

Sadie was big enough this year to ride some serious rides! She LOVED IT! She wanted to go on the big rides AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Her favorite....Thunder Mountain!

And her biggest accomplishment....TOWER OF TERROR!

I warned her it would be very scary and if she wanted to go I would wrap my arms around her. She said "Mom, I don't want your arms around me. I'm a big girl now and I'm not scared at all." Sadie was surprised at just how scary it turned out to be. She started crying as we fell down the tower but she didn't want me to know so she just ducked her head. I went against her wishes and wrapped my arms around her. After the ride she gave me the silent treatment for about a minute until I made a big fuss about going on the SCARIEST ride in Disneyland. Then she said "I want to do it again"...although I don't think she really meant it, because the rest of the day she would tell people she hated the ride. Way to be adventurous and try new things Sadie...you are our big girl!


GRADUATION DAY...MAY 15, 2009

We are so proud of our dad and the things he has accomplished in his education. I am always in awe that he could go through such hard and strenuous schooling while raising a family and being the involved dad and husband he is. Congrats Daddy!

Homemade candy leis for our kids and cousins to give to Rich.

The Fan Club
Rich's Family

Nickie's Family

School Buddies (James, Alex, Rich, Shane)


NOT THE BEST WAY TO END A TRIP!
After driving two long days back from California we arrived home to what looked like a crime scene! Our house was condemned and we were not allowed to go inside. Turns out we had a major gas leak in our yard while we were gone. We had to wait an hour until the gas company could come out and safety check our home. At least we were allowed back in...could have been worse!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Wow so much stuff to comment on. I'm glad he graduated, what a load off. now you have to be "normal" like the rest of us ;) Your house is super cute I'm glad they got the problem fixed quickly. Most of all I'm glad you're here in Utah!

Matt and Emily said...

We were just in Vegas too! I think we were there just a week before though. That would have been fun to see you guys. That Vegas is a crazy place. Congratulations Rich!

Matt and Emily said...

Hey- we are still here and we'd love to see you sometime when you come up.

Laura said...

Congrats Rich! School is finally OVER!

birdeeb said...

Whoa Shane met Rich at school? That is so cool! That's crazy about your house!!