Sunday, June 28, 2009

She's got me BEAT!

Just before we made the move to Utah, our Primary President in Arizona gave a challenge to all the primary kids to learn and memorize the Proclamation to the World (Which was put out by the Presidency of the church in 1995 to define the family values we believe in...to read the whole Proclamation go to http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,161-1-11-1,00.html). So we STRIVE to work on this each night before bed. Sadie has been picking it up really quick...me on the other hand I'm lagging a bit. It's amazing how a fresh mind of a five year old can memorize something so quickly. Me...I'm just lucky if my old run down brain remembers to turn off the oven when I'm finished cooking. This is a video of our progress!

5 comments:

Andrews Family said...

Holy COW!!! That kills me! I would of never thought a little kid (or an adult) could memorize that! Way to go Sadie! She's so grown up!

Kim L. said...

THAT WAS AWESOME! HUGE high five from the Loudon family!!!! I just heard of the idea of having kids memorize the proclamation last week. SUCH a great idea!!! It will become increasingly more important for them as they get older to have a solid testimony of the Proclamation, and such a great tool to answer questions etc by having it memorized. I am SOOOOOOOO stealing it. Where did you get the cues? Are they downloadable? Sadie, you are awesome and your parents seriously ROCK!

James and Lauren said...

i cant believe i just saw that... that is amazing!

tara said...

That's amazing.

Janet Reeves said...

she's definitely in the genius class...that's the only answer! way to go Sadie!