Monday, December 6, 2010

SANTA= creepy or scary!!!

We are making some headway in overcoming our fear of Santa this year! Do any of you remember this jolly (yet really creepy) guy from last year???

image

Last year we went in on “purchasing” a Santa with our neighbors. He went from house to house visiting the kids in the neighborhood. BUT THE CRAZY THING was he came busting in the door without ANY NOTICE HO-HO-HOing as loud as he could. Any jolly Christmas spirit that might have been in our home that night was shattered by blood curdling screams from my kids as they scrambled to seek shelter in the bathroom.

Luckily, Kendyl was young enough that she was able to blot that scary moment out of her memory. But unfortunately, I don’t think it’s something Mason will ever get over. He wants nothing to do with Santa. If it were up to him, Santa would throw his gift from his sleigh as he flies by the house. He does not want him even stepping foot in the house.

So this year it was just Kendyl and Sadie getting snapshots with Santa.

image

Sadie didn’t want to see Santa….but I got her to sit on his lap by playing the “YOU NEED TO PROTECT” your sister card. I told her she needed to teach Kendyl that Santa was a good guy and help her to not be afraid……IT WORKED!!!

I was amazed how well Kendyl took to Santa….SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY BRAVEST CHILD!

(I love Sadie’s PROTECTIVE body language as she holds onto Kendyl. They told her she could put her hand down…but that was not going to happen)

image

image

This years Santa was a little less creepy than last year’s….

image

NOT BY A WHOLE LOT THOUGH!!!

2 comments:

The Dabo's said...

That Santa IS creepy! And we've had him over like 4 years in a row! AND this year the whole ward get's a dose of him tomorrow! Haha. I love it!

Caskie Jill said...

Ha,Ha,Ha...I'd have to agree...when I first saw him...I was like huh? seriously...you can see his black mustache creeping out in all of my kids pics..so yours look WAY good! I like how you included Sadie with Kendyl..wish I woulda tried that with my girls!