Friday, March 25, 2011

A mother moment…

funny face

So I had a mother moment tonight…you know those moments where you don’t know if you should laugh or cry! Tonight Rich was playing in a baseball game so I thought it would be fun to pack up the kids and go be his cheerleaders. I was so caught up in the “I’m going to be the best wife and mother” moment….that it slipped my mind that my boy had (what he refers to as…) sloppy poops!

So we get to the game and it didn’t take Mason long to find some big boys to shadow and pal around with at the baseball field. About 30 min. into the game Mason came running over with a look of pure desperation on his face and announced “MOM I’M GOING TO POOP!”…..OH MY GOODNESS….(I thought)….MY BOY IS GOING TO EXPLODE! I dropped everything on the ground (including my purse….I didn’t even care if someone stole what little we have….I just didn’t want to be dealing with a messy kid all the way home)…and we took off for the bathroom. Mason was in full sprint (which surprised me considering the condition he was in). I had Kendyl in my arms so we were lagging behind a bit. By the time I got into the bathroom, I hear a little voice saying “Oh no…oh no….I JUST RAN OUT OF TIME!!!”

I hesitantly opened up the first stall to find him in a squat position one foot away from the toilet….(luckily with his pants down)! Within seconds he completely destroyed the floor of that stall! I was in shock…and still am in shock…that he managed to keep it from getting on his pants and shoes. I picked him up and placed him on the toilet and we both sat there for a good minute, no words spoken, just looking at the damage. Then he says “Oh…what a mess. That’s not good”. I said “You’re right…that’s not good”…THEN I BROKE OUT IN LAUGHTER….it was either that or I was going to cry.

The only thing I had to clean up with was those really cheap paper towels (that just smear more than absorb). But what made this clean-up even more memorable was the narration Mason gave as I cleaned. Here’s some of the phrases he said “Oh gosh Mom, that’s really gross”…"I’m glad I don’t have to clean it”… “ Mom there’s still lot’s more left”… “Ewww…now your dripping”…. “Oh that’s just too bad”…“So when are you going to wipe me?'”….

AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE…. “You know Mom, I bet we are missing some of Dad’s best plays”

Yeah…that was just what I was concerned and thinking about at that moment….what great plays Dad must be having! (NOT REALLY).

After restoring things back to normal, we grabbed Sadie and left for home. When we got in the car, Sadie asked “Where were you guys? What took you so long.” I asked Mason if he wanted to tell her what happened, he replied  "It was so horrible…you’re going to have to tell her Mom.”

3 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Wow that sounds so awesome. I am just glad you had your very own cheerleader to help you through it. Wow that is so gross. I can't stop laughing.

Kimber Ryan Van and Tye said...

Oh my gosh... You should write a book, Nickie :) So hilarious I was laughing out loud!!! Can't wait for all the lovely mother moments :)

Tawni Williams said...

Mmmmm... the poop clean ups... my favorites - poor kid.. POOOOOOR YOUUUUU - i love your ability to see humor in those situation