We spent this Easter in Utah, which was so much fun! We made the trip up for Lindsay’s wedding (Rich’s sister). The week was full of so many special and awesome moments.
Easter is always kind of an emotional time for me because my mom passed away 8 years ago on Easter morning. I always feel so close to her at this time of year, and thanks to the wedding, I got to spend a lot of time in the temple which just made Easter even that much more meaningful! I’m thankful that I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I know I will get to live with my mom again…and that brings me so much peace :)
The Easter Bunny brought pillow pets to the kids…
And lot’s of candy…
New Easter church clothes…which are apparently perfect to roll around in!
Why do we even try to get decent pictures???
We played in the snow…using socks as gloves (yes we have adapted to an Arizona lifestyle…real gloves are not apart of our wardrobe anymore)
Played with chickens…
Put pent up (riding in the car too long) energy to good fun use…
And made ourselves comfortable at Grandpa and Grandma’s house…
Attended the wedding of these beautiful people…
Where we about froze our tushies off…
But we managed to smile even through the arctic weather…
We finally warmed up at the luncheon….
But I think damage to our brain had already been done….
Then Kendyl said she wanted to do a silly face picture (keep in mind she’s still learning from big sis…)
photo 1: A little silly
photo 2: Getting there
photo 3: Ok I’m getting it now….silly tongue face…oh!
Sadie loved pretending like she was the bride…
And when she wasn’t shadowing the Bride…she was scavenging the candy table…BUSTED! (Love the guilty look on her face).
There was some serious dancing going on…
And occasionally some good picture opp’s….
Well not always…
Really how hard can it be to get two girls smiling and looking at the camera at the same time???
Mission accomplished after 20 tries!
Picture taken just in time…because it doesn’t take a two year old very long to find some curtains to jump in and out of which leaves her looking like this:
And drowned rat in a pretty dress!
THS TRIP PRETTY MUCH WORE US OUT….
BUT WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!
4 comments:
It was so fun seeing you guys. Oh how we miss you and your family. How is kendyl's head?
Great pictures! It was so great seeing you and the kids!
I seriously love your posts! CUTE!
So cute Nikki. Oh and your long hair is so sexy. I love it. Congrats on landing the job in AZ.
Post a Comment