So Rich and I have never put our kids in extracurricular activities, because…well we’ve been in school with no income until this year. One thing I was most excited about Rich finishing school and taking his first job was the thought that FINALLY MY KIDS GET TO DO THINGS!!! So for their first sport we chose SOCCER…
Our kids LOVE, LOVE PRACTICE…but they were not big fans of the actual game. Practice is in the evening when it’s cooler. It’s less running…more drills and plenty of time to talk and play with friends. The games are more like torture to them…playing in the heat of the sun…just chasing the ball up and down the field barely being able to keep up with the ball… let alone actually kick it. At one point of the game, Mason turned around from the cluster of kids and started walking over slowly to us. I asked him “MASON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” He responded, “I’M HUNGRY!”
Don’t you love the grandma shorts on Sadie? That’s because her frugal mother wants her to be able to wear them for at least 3 years…so I bought them extra big!
When the ball wasn’t around…he was entertaining his little lady friends Olivia and Talli with his awesome dance moves!
Mason did well keeping up with the ball…but didn’t get many chances to do anything with it. He finally got his shot. The ball came cruising down the field right toward him WHEN THIS HAPPENED (in the video)
Poor Kendyl got attacked by an ant hill….she had at least 20 bites on her foot…so sad!
It was a long exhausting day….ABOUT 4 HOURS OUT IN THE SUN! Are we ever going to survive this soccer season? I’m not sure if I’m cut out to be a soccer mom!

1 comment:
I love the video!! Hopefully your soccer run lasts a lot longer than ours ever did...I have to tease you tho that soccer is spelled "soccer"...haha. Love the posts.
Post a Comment