I despise this bean!
This bean rebelled from my plan of being an awesome hands on mom!!!
As much as I love to just sit and listen to General Conference….this time I decided to try and help my kids get as much out of the talks as they possibly could. So I printed off a “Conference Bingo” game. I didn’t want to distract the kids by using candy as markers….so I went to the pantry and found the next best thing …(correction…the WORST POSSIBLE THING)! BEANS!!!
Kendyl and Mason went into her bedroom to play. Kendyl started crying so I went to check on them. She told me she lost the bean in her ear….WHAT??? And then Mason instantly had the MOST GUILTY look on his face. I didn’t even want to know who’s idea it was…there was no time for that …… a bean had to be removed.
When I asked Kendyl why she put a bean in her ear she said “Because I thought it would be fun. But don’t be mad, I only put one in there not two.” THIS MADE ME LAUGH EVEN WHEN I WAS NOT IN A LAUGHING MOOD!
Rich tried to remove it…with no luck. Off to the Insta-care we went. We heard Mason whisper to Kendyl in the car “I’m so sorry Kendyl”. (We knew all along it was his idea……and he was racked with torment. During the ride his head was in his hands the whole way). The doctor didn’t even want to attempt it. He said it was really far down and to just wait until a ENT specialist could look at it in the morning….ugh!
Word got out about our bean drama, and a good friend of mine has a autistic child who is constantly putting things in her ears. The doctor finally gave her the equipment and knowledge on how to remove things from ears. We went over there this morning, and worked and worked on it…but thought it was going nowhere. We laid Kendyl down for a couple of minutes on her side AND THE BEAN FELL OUT ON THE FLOOR….HALLELUJAH!
While Kendyl was laying there I heard her whisper something. I bent down to her mouth and asked her to repeat it. She said “I NEVER WANTED TO PLAY THAT GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE”. I’m not sure if she was talking about the bingo game or Mason’s (here put this bean in your ear game) ….. but either way, I don’t want to play that game ever again either!
1 comment:
Oh SAD! It's amazing how kids are just never safe from anything... they will find a way to find something hazardous Glad it worked out well!!
Post a Comment