It’s hard to believe our summer break is coming to an end…SADIE STARTS KINDERGARTEN in about a week (it’s so hard to believe). In the meantime we are doing our best to play, play, play before we have to buckle down and stay homebound. I will never be one of those women who can DO IT ALL, so spending all this time playing means other things in my life have been severely neglected, including my house and my husband’s hungry stomach. But it’s been worth it…we have created some fond memories! Here’s some of the fun things we’ve experienced in the last month or so:
LAGOON
I grew up going to Lagoon all the time as a kid. It’s so fun to watch my kids get excited to go on the rides I went on as a child. Although the excitement did not come on immediately for Mason the first time we went. Poor Mason had just fallen asleep when we pulled into the parking lot. It was almost impossible to get him to look at the camera for his season pass. It made for a real funny picture though…
This picture was taken just as he was walking out of the season pass office…AGAIN NOT SO HAPPY TO BE THERE…
But his mood quickly changed as soon as he saw all the fun rides!
SWIM PARTIES
My kids and I are really enjoying the friends we have met since moving to West Jordan.
My friend Kara’s parents have an awesome pool where we take the kids to cool off!
Me trying my best to be young again! Good news….I didn’t kill myself. Not the best technique…but I was just happy I could make a full rotation after popping out three kids !
YELLOWSTONE
What a cute couple… tour guide Santa and special faced Mason!
The whole family sitting and enjoying time on the dock watching the ducks swim by. NOTICE SADIE’S PINK SHOES ON HER FEET…just before she decided to take them off. NOW NOTICE IN THE NEXT PICTURE TWO PINK SHOES floating down the river!!! Just after Sadie took off her shoes and placed them on the dock…MASON walked over…picked them up…AND THREW THEM INTO THE RIVER! GOODBYE SHOES…so if ever in Yellowstone and you see a Grizzly Bear wearing pink butterfly sandals you’ll know he’s been shopping in the nearest river!
Kendyl sitting back enjoying the campfire and a Cherry Coke! I’m not sure who’s soda it was but it didn’t take long for Kendyl to spill the whole thing on the ground.
Finally…after driving the Yellowstone loop for HOURS, just when we were giving up all hope of seeing an animal UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL, we run into Big Bill the Bison…my kids were so excited! Maybe being in the car for 4 hours was worth it…NOT REALLY…but thanks Big Bill for giving our family the animal encounter we thought would have again and again during our 4 hour drive!
BOUNTIFUL PARADE
MMM…Don’t you want to kiss that face? Mason had fun waving the American flag and his manly Valentine basket. He also managed to take down about 30 pieces of candy without me knowing. Thanks to his post-parade sugar high he did not fall asleep until about mid-night. Good thing this parade only rolls around once a year!
WATERPARK FUN
DAY’S OF 47 RODEO
Rich worked this Rodeo as their emergency vet, so we got to take the family along with Grandpa and Grandma Rees to the rodeo for free and we were given VIP treatment with free dinner!
The kids had fun eating pizza and popcorn. And MASON LOVED sitting on Dad’s lap and doing dumb cheer motions for the barrel racers!
I could not believe the close encounters the clowns had with these bulls (which by the way Mason took this picture…I think we have a photographer in the making). Even standing next to the bull cages made me uncomfortable!
LIBERTY PARK
A day with lots of SUN and FUN with Aunt Patience, cousins Ethan, Halle, and Kate!
FEEDING THE DUCKS….and walking HAND in HAND…it doesn’t get any cuter than that!
A little water fun….AND PLAYING FOLLOW THE LEADER!
Ending the day with a Ferris Wheel Ride... I just love days like these when there’s little fighting and a whole lot of fun!
5 comments:
Wow what a fun summer. You have been busy, but if in means no fighting it is so worth it.
You've been one busy chica!! Looks like you've had lots of fun!! And I can't stop laughing at his passport picture!! He is a character!
That was a way cute post!! The best part about it was it only took half the time, right? :) Anyways, hopefully our "summer" isn't over yet!! We still have Bear Lake...
Oh and I LOVE the flip picture in the pool. That takes serious skill to flip-after having 3 kids-and while holding your nose!! Ha ha!
Oh SO FUN!! Can't get any better than that! So glad you had such a good time!
Post a Comment