Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sadie's future plans!

Sadie: "Mom..Why does Grandpa Reeves call Great Grandma Heagle (Grandma Reeves' Mom) Mom?"

Mom: "Because Honey, when you get married your husband's parents become like another set a parents for you. You can call them Mom or Dad just like you do us. Won't that be fun to have two sets of parents?"

Sadie: "Well I'm just going to marry Mason so it's all the same...nothings going to change for me."

These two have such a love/hate relationship. They are CONSTANTLY fighting...but the minute you try to separate them it's like they are lost without each other. Sadie has been voicing her future plan of marry Mason for years now. Last Christmas while spending some time with much older cousins, they over heard these marriage plans and informed Sadie that brothers and sisters DON'T MARRY EACH OTHER! She was devastated. She was so sad for a couple of days and kept questioning me if there was anyway it would be ok for them to get married. After about a week she decided she didn't care what anyone else thought and she went back to the original plan and has stuck with her decision. I have a feeling she won't stick to this plan come 15 years from now! But in the meantime it's nice to know they love each other.

2 comments:

Dunn4 said...

I just want you to know what a cute little munchkin Sadie is. I was so impressed with her polite little ways at Avi's birthday party. I am so appreciative of the good friends that Avi has in her neighborhood. My own children turned out well because of our good neighborhood and not because of my parenting skills. (I hate to admit that) But it was a pleasure to have Sadie at the party.
Be Proud of her !!!
** Avi's Grandma :o) **

Tawni Williams said...

Oh how CUTE!! I think that will make a great story for her actual wedding day ha ha