Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Don’t blink or you just might miss me!

So LATE last night Rich was already in bed waiting for me to turn off the lights as I was wrapping up a phone call with my friend Kara. During the course of that conversation she asked me what my time was on the 10K (6.2 miles) I ran on Labor Day. I told her I did it in 53 minutes. Then once I turned off the lights and joined Rich, minutes later in the silence of laying there he said “Wow, you did really good on your race.” My reply… “Sure..I did ok.” He comes back with “Hun, you did awesome. That means you were running at about a 5 1/2 min. per mile pace".  Me… “WHAT” then I busted out laughing which I could not control or bring to a stop. It was then that he realized how ridiculous of a thought it is that my stubby little legs could carry me at a 5 1/2 min. mile. Turns out he thought a 10K was 10 miles…easy mistake. So I’m hear to declare that I’m not a bolt of lighting…I’m not hard to miss as I chug down the street (well unless you are my family waiting for me at the finish line. They however must have blinked TOO LONG, because they did miss me so I had to re-enter the race when my sis came running in so they could take a snapshot). THANKS FOR THE GOOD LAUGH HUN which continued for a good 20 minutes until my body finally gave into sleep.

1 comment:

Janet Reeves said...

Hey, I'm impressed that you ran in the race at all! That is so awesome! I can't even imagine running for 6 1/2 miles! You should be proud of yourself and your accomplishment... way to go!