Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kick’in my feet up!

Sept_09__093

It seems to me that I’m having more and more days where I feel like I’m always swimming upstream! You know those days (I’m sure you have them too) where you try to get the house clean and laundry done all the while the kids are working at a faster speed messing up the house than you are cleaning the house. Then just when I feel some sort of accomplishment from the clean baskets of laundry just waiting to be folded…I pick out the clothes just to find that the stains that adorn the front of all of my kids clothes are still present…..grrrrrr! Then the evil thoughts  go through my head of letting my kids go hungry the rest of the day just so my kitchen can stay clean….at least I never act on those thoughts \’’/ Why do I have such high expectations of having a house of order…is it worth losing my sanity? Especially when I’m watching not only my own children but other cutie pie’s (which don’t get me wrong….I love doing) But it’s just more fingers joining in the “Toy confetti” madness. This may sound like I’m complaining….actually I’m not! I actually have to give myself quite a bit of credit where credit is due. Although my heart has a deep desire to live in a immaculate home….I know and realize that would be unrealistic for my crazy monkey family.  THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS POST…..IS…..I had ONE OF THOSE DAYS today. I woke up at 5:00 to get my workout in just so I could come home and deep clean the house bright and early before my crazies woke up. But as the day went on I was drowning in one mess after another. And at the end of the day I was near tears thinking that all that work was just a waste.

BUT JUST THEN HE CAME…….HE KNOCKED…..HE GAVE ME SOME SERENITY!!!!

The KIRBY man must have heard my cries. He came in and spent 1 1/2 hours scrubbing my carpets and cleaning my mattresses. The crazy thing was on my “to-do” list this week was pulling out the steam cleaner and going at my carpets…..CHECK…already done! I sat on the couch and kicked my feet up and watched him the whole time. I kept catching myself smiling as I watched someone else scrubbing my home for a change (but each time I caught myself smiling I quickly stopped…I didn’t want to scare away the Kirby man with my creepiness). I was on cloud nine….it was better than a pedicure or any other treatment I feel like I’ve been deserving of lately. 

(p.s. Rich just came into the room and mentioned at one point while the vacuum was going he was trying so hard to get my attention so he could talk to me. He claims too that I had a perm-a grin on my face. So it sound like I failed at my attempt to not be creepy……who cares….I HAVE A CLEAN HOUSE).

Now here I am sprawled out on my clean floor. A floor sooooooo clean I could eat off of. HMMM maybe I will. Oh wait ALSO on my list of things to do today was  to drop a few pounds….so maybe I’ll lay down on my floor and do a few crunches instead!

7 comments:

Heidi Davies said...

I've never thought about not feeding the kids so my kitchen stays clean. But I have let them wear their diapers all day 'cuz I'm so excited I have ALL the laundry done and I didn't want to get anything dirty.

Isaac and Dallas said...

That is awesome. Nothing better then clean carpet. I am super jealous.

Andrews Family said...

You deserve it! I don't think the craziness and mess will ever slow down, but the kids will be out of the house before we know it and we will hope they were home to mess up, right! Did I ever give you that quote "Excuse the mess and noise, the children are busy making memories." I have to remind myself that all the time - you know how I don't like messes :)!
You are awesome...thanks for being so honest with your blogging...I love it! It makes me feel like I'm still your neighbor. We miss you guys! We would love to have you come visit! You are welcome ANY TIME! Hopefully we'll get to see you in February when we are in Utah. When I get the details set, I'll let you know. Love ya!

Andrews Family said...

P.S. SUPER CUTE shoes!!!

Laura said...

Sounds nice...too bad it doesn't last long. But next time it has to be cleaned you will have the energy to do it because of your long break!

Mary said...

This little tidbit saved my sanity: "There is a time and a place for EVERYTHING." Even a clean house. I have just realized that I can't keep a spotless house... and have happy kids too, they just don't mix. So I do the best I can and do my best to ignore the rest. Later in life when I have an hour to myself I will clean to my heart's content, but it's just not that time. Right now I get to make messes and play with my "cuties'.

Lindsay said...

I agree.. cute shoes!