Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do our kids even stand a chance of being normal?

(Disclaimer….this post will contain some material that may not be suitable for all eyes…it does involve some anatomy…)

Do you think it’s possible for them to be socially normal when their dad does THIS for a living…

So the other day Rich and I were sitting on the ground playing a board game. The kids were sitting behind us on the couch. And of course Mason had been running around all night in his underwear….because that’s all we can ever get Mason to wear in the house!  So I hear Sadie say something and it takes me running what she said subconsciously through my mind 2 or 3 times before I realize I should turn to see what’s going on…..this is what I heard:

“Mason hold still I’m going to give you an exam like you are a cow….”

I quickly turn to find that she had taken off one of his sock’s and was wearing it on her hand. She had him bent over and was in the process of pulling down his underwear. Of course the sudden SHREAK of my voice stopped all exams in progress! We then went over the “What’s appropriate…what’s not appropriate” discussion.

Poor kids…they just want to play like they are a vet just like daddy. Maybe we should start telling them daddy switch careers and now he’s a house cleaner \’’/

Nov_09_081

Then….

Here’s a conversation I had with Sadie today….

S: “Mom did you know Dad did something REALLY IMPORTANT today"?”

M: “Oh really….what’s that”

S: “Well you know the circle thing that fills up with pee before you use the bathroom?”

M: “Um no…not really”

S: “Well we have this circle thing that fills up with pee, and this usually only happens when we get older, but there was a bunch of sand in it and Dad had to cut it open and get it out!”

M: “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT…..HOW DID YOU GET SAND IN YOUR PEE PEE”

S: “Mom…..NOT ME silly…..the HORSE!!!”

M: “Of course it was a horse….phew!”

4 comments:

Walter Family said...

That is so funny! The part about Sadie with a sock on her hand cracks me up!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

WOW...I don't know if our kids can play together anymore!! lol...
But, if Rich does change career paths and he takes up House Cleaning....I will gladly be his First Client!!

birdeeb said...

LOL! Oh man! What did Rich think about that??

andrea wardle said...

Your kids are a hoot! I love that I can come to your blog and get a good chuckle! You make my day!