Every parent needs a simple highlight of the day….some kind of simple act between a parent and a child that melts your heart or makes you laugh. These daily highlights are what keep me loving my role as a mom. Parenting is not easy. So I feast upon every fun moment I encounter with each of my children.
Today’s highlights:
Watching my kids ride the cutest dang horse!!!
Rich is such a good Daddy. He’s always played the role of a horse in this household. He is my kids main source of transportation. They get rides to the bathroom to brush teeth, and rides to their rooms when it’s time for bed. My favorite is when he rears up and makes horse sounds. (You can tell he spends all day with horses…his impression is right on!)
The best highlight of the day:
We were playing hide and go seek as a family…guys against girls. Sadie insisted that we hide under our bed. I wasn’t sure that I could fit….but in an effort to go along with what Sadie wanted…I SQUEEZED EVERY INCH OF ME under the bed. As we sat there waiting to be found, I realized that getting out was not going to be fun. After being found I began to edge my way backwards only to find that it was not going to be a fun exit. Sadie told Dad and Mason to grab onto my legs and help by pulling. Then she said “Ok everyone let’s do this on the count of three. 1-2-3 HEAVE…..HEAVE EVERYONE HEAVE”.
I could not stop laughing….The first time the word HEAVE was said I thought “How funny”…the 2nd time I thought “Wow am I really in a condition where I need to be HEAVED?”…by the 3rd time I decided “Yep a diet is starting tomorrow”….haha! My kids keep me rolling…they can be so much fun!
4 comments:
Nicki I just wanted you to know that I just love you to death. I can just feel the love in your home seeping through my computer screen. The way you run things inspires me. You always have such creative ideas and you are so right. The little moments are what make it all worth it.
I love reading your blog! You are so super cute!! And we played hide and seek one time and me with my pregnant belly tried to hide in our upstairs linen closet and I couldn't shut the door...then I thought hmm if I turn around and stick my belly on a shelf I could probably close the door...I did. And they couldn't find me! They finally did and the shock on Chris' face was priceless LOL! He couldn't believe I was in the closet!
Hilarious!! Sadie is so funny, I miss you guys!!! I love her facial expression in the first pic by the way... classic.
Your kids keep ME rolling!! Is there no end to their hilarious antics? You guys would be fun to live with! :) And, I think that Dad gets to claim credit for the whole horsey ride idea. He used to cart the kids off to bed like that and on his back. Sometimes it was the only way to get them off to bed! I'm glad you guys are so happy! And don't worry about not fitting under the bed, I'm sure there's only about 4 inches of space between the bed and the floor! You're such a good mom!
Post a Comment