Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Sadie

Wow…every year when Sadie has a birthday I always have a huge reality check that my first born is getting so old and that I’ve been a mother for much longer than I feel like I have. I can’t believe how quick 6 years has gone by. Sadie kept cuddling up with me today…and as I held her I just kept thinking about what it felt like to hold her for the first time. Her spirit was so new and pure…yet I felt like I had known her for such a long time. I love being a mother. I’m grateful that 6 years ago today, Heavenly Father trusted me enough to bless me with the responsibility of becoming a mother. It hasn’t been as easy as I thought it would be….but so worth it. I love you Sadie Bug. You are a beautiful girl in every way. Thank you for making me so happy!

So for Sadie’s 4th B-day we bought her a bike (it was a little big…but not a big deal since it had training wheels). Well she learned how to ride without training wheels this summer….but she doesn’t enjoy it because every time she slows down she tips over. So we decided to get her a little bike for her to gain some confidence on. We are kind of working backwards here…but we knew she would love it. AND SHE DID!!

IMG_0948

IMG_0949

As you can see the first thing she did after seeing her bike was hug her Daddy because she was so happy!

IMG_0952

IMG_0955

We are not having Sadie’s B-day party for another two days…so to celebrate today I took her to Carl’s Jr for a Birthday Breakfast.

IMG_0956

What a COOL SIX YEAR OLD!

2 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Happy Birthday Sadie. She will love the smaller bike.

Kimber Ryan Van and Tye said...

Awe!! I was going to call her yesterday but OF COURSE I forgot! Tell her Happy Birthday from us and that we love her... and we'll see you guys next week!!! I think we are planning to do a little co-birthday celebration Tues night at mom and dad's, so tell her to look forward to that!