Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy MAYHEM 6th Birthday…

So today was Sadie’s Birthday party. The kids had fun…so it seemed. But you can imagine with ALL THESE KIDS how much fun it was for the parents! LUCKILY MY SWEET FRIENDS CAME TO THE RESCUE. I did not ask any of these gals to help out…yet there they were coming to my desperate need. I love my friends!!!!

The worst part was…I filled my car with kids (after all the other mom’s filled their cars and left), when I realized I COULDN’T FIND MY KEYS!!! I searched this whole house up and down for 20 minutes until I finally found them. Then I got to the park (extremely late) to discover that the kids where almost literally blowing away (along with the presents….balloons etc). The wind was SO STRONG! I even had to tape all of their plates to the table just to keep their dinner from flying away. Seriously my stress level was at its highest!!! I think most of my anxiety stems from the fact that we are moving in just a couple of days and Rich is working like a crazy man…and here I am throwing a party…selling everything…packing…and trying to clean all on the same day. My life is going to feel so boring come next week.

But in the end I survived….AND SADIE HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AT HER PARTY! That’s all the matters right? It’s her day….any amount of stress I had to endure through today was well worth it as long as she felt special….which she told me she did! Here’s to celebrating you Miss Sad’s!!!

IMG_0970

IMG_0974 IMG_0971

We ate pizza…..

IMG_0981 IMG_0979

Played games….

IMG_1002IMG_0996

I’m going to title this game “Dress up like a homeless man and dig through the trash!!!!”

I loved playing this game as a child at my Birthdays. You wrap up candy again and again in newspaper. Then a child has to dress up in all of these clothes and you give them 2 forks and they get to go at the newspaper wrapped candy. Meanwhile the child next to them is rolling dice. Once they roll doubles then it’s their turn to get dressed up, and then the next child starts rolling. When I was young my mom would wrap up a large chocolate candy bar. And once they stripped it down to the candy on your turn you got to start cutting pieces of the candy bar and start eating it. I opted to go with Skittles to reduce the amount of slobber being swapped between the children. Once they dug to the Skittle I opened the bag and shared with everyone. The kids had fun. And the best part was they were all chanting…..DIG…DIG…DIG!

IMG_1013 

The Birthday girl went first…

IMG_1020 IMG_1028

Then we had a bag jumping race…

IMG_1031

 IMG_1032 IMG_1034

IMG_1035

IMG_1036

IMG_1038

IMG_1040

IMG_1041

Where they all won metals for their jumping skills!!!

IMG_1051

Then we opened presents…..ABBY (next to Sadie) PICKED A GOOD ONE!  (I love little kids)

IMG_1063

Sadie loved the arts and craft supplies (although cousin Rachel looks a little disgusted about it).

IMG_1068

IMG_1081

IMG_1082

We ate cake, cupcakes and ice cream….

IMG_1089 IMG_1090

IMG_1012

IMG_1094

Wow….what a crazy party! But the kids had a good time together and it was a great way to spend our last day with our friends here in Utah.

6 comments:

Jewels said...

You are seriously super mom! I'm amazed at the lengths you go to so your children can have such awesome memories! They are the luckiest kids! And thanks for the cute birthday ideas. Hope the move goes smoothly for you all!

Allison said...

Thanks for an awesome party. The kids had a blast. And, yeah, you were super mom yesterday. That was chaotic, and yet you kept it in control, and fun for everyone.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Avi had a GREAT TIME!!
Sorry she came Present less.
I was a little laid up and forgot all about it! Luckily Jamie made a reminder call.
Avi will be by today with Sadie's Gift.
Good luck with the move!! :(

Isaac and Dallas said...

Wow that was one crazy party. The kids loved it. Happy Birthday Sadie.

Patience said...

Hey....where'd u get those sacks...I want some!!

Walter Family said...

Thank you for such a fun party! When Brayden came home she couldn't stop talking about it, she LOVED it!!! Happy Birthday, Sadie!!!!!