So we are moving in exactly a week. You would think we would be packing…NOPE…instead we spent a 1/2 week on a little family getaway. Oh how we needed it though!
The first day we thought we would just venture out somewhere local…so we headed up to Snowbird. Being the O- so wise people we are….we didn’t realize that although it was sunny and warm in the valley….it was still buried in 5 feet of snow up there. So we just ventured around and took in the beauty for a short while (I mean a really short while)…then took off back down the canyon…..
And went to THANKSGIVING POINT!!!
Where the kids could get MESSY…
And pet some STRANGE LOOKING animals…
And ride their own ponies!!!
We spent a lot of time in the car this day….MAYBE EVEN A LITTLE TOO MUCH!
Then the next day we WENT CAMPING UP PAYSON CANYON next to the beautiful MAPLE LAKE…
We went with our good friends the Coon’s. We had so much fun with them and their kiddos. It will be hard to move away from such good friends…
A face doesn’t get much cuter than this!!!!
We FISHED….
Watched the Daddy’s chopping wood…
Mason got some good “Pretend Practice” in before he got to do the real deal…
These kids spent 60% of their day chopping…they loved it!
They played hard….
Socalized….
Ate lot’s of good food…
And got into a little bit a mischief too….
But there’s always a solution to THAT!!!!!
Just cage the wildlife….
My favorite part of camping is the camp fire: Cooking good food on it and sitting around the warmth and socializing!!!
But if you take away the warmth….you take away the camper in me!!! This is what we woke up to Saturday morning….so we made a quick early get away back home.
But it was still worth the effort of getting up there for two nights!
5 comments:
I'm cold just looking at these pictures! We did the ward campout last JULY and I froze in the night so I couldn't imagine. And the COON'S do camp! No excuses this year for the ward campout Coons! All your activites looked great! I am glad you could have a little fun with all this craziness of moving. Let me know what I can help with. I can't really remember but I am sure I am a great packer!!!
Well we had a ton of fun. The kids can't wait to go again. Too bad it snowed, it made for a short trip. Sad to see you go. We will really miss your family.
Looks FUN....and CHILLY!!
Glad you could enjoy the snow before you hit the HOT Deserts of AZ.
We will miss you!
haha! That looks like so much fun! Larry and Ethan just went on Fathers and Sons... and we were talking about how you guys will have to teach us the ropes with camping when you move out here~ :)
I miss you guys! That looks like a lot of fun ;o)
Post a Comment