Saturday, January 29, 2011

Only a mother…

Would wake up at 5 a.m. to workout or get things done around the house just so she can do so in PEACE AND QUIET.

Would let her two year old go at her make-up…potentially destroying most of it….just so she can have 5 minutes again of PEACE AND QUIET.

image

Would voluntarily lay herself down at the park so her kids would giggle as they bury her (this is why we go to the park before Mommy showers for the day).

Would play sword fight (which included a lot of playing dead on the floor) in the middle of a Walmart aisle…because that’s what her son wanted to do on his “Mommy and Son” date. (Oh and I pulled a bike off of a rack and let him take a test ride at full speed through the aisles. I’ve learned that the pet aisles are usually the best people-free-zone if ever you’re interested).

Would let her kids make this big of a mess…JUST AFTER THE KITCHEN WAS DEEP CLEANED…

image

AND ONLY A MOTHER….WOULD DO THIS:

I woke up early the other day to get myself ready because I had to get all three kids to a doctors appointment by 8:00 a.m. I took clean clothes into the bathroom for me to change into….but I forgot to grab pants. Mason was asleep on the floor next to my closet, so I decided to just put my pajama pants back on and I planned on changing them once he was awake.

I did my hair and makeup…and was so impressed that I could get myself and three kids looking so beautiful by 7:30 a.m.

We made it to the doctors appointment on time…another huge accomplishment… I walked in, they handed me a clipboard full of papers to sign. I found the nearest chair and went to sit down placing the clipboard on my lap. That’s when I discovered I WAS STILL WEARING MY PAJAMA BOTTOMS!!! OOPS!

ONLY A MOTHER WOULD GO TO A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT…HALF DRESSED!!!

The things we do to survive this job we love so much!!!

3 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Oh that is awesome. It's amazing what we do to just to make it through the day.

Caskie Jill said...

Can't agree more! You rock! and I bet you allowed a few people some laughs at the Dr's office..so a big Salute to you!

Tawni Williams said...

ha ha ha I LOVE your stories - what we do for peace and quite to keep kids happy is so true - but I was loving the bikes down the isles... your kids have to just adore you. Not a difficult thing to do :)