Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweet release…

On Feb 15th, my sweet Grandpa (age 95) returned to our Heavenly Father…it was a sad, but sweet release! This is what he’s been wanting for about 10 years now.

IMG_3070

Grandpa had the best sense of humor. Even in his sick days just before he passed he made light of his situation. He would always say “I died years ago…I just forget and keep waking up”.

Rich and I lived with him for a year to help take care of him when we were newly weds. He would always open the obituary each morning and say “ Oh Hell…I’m not in it today”

He looked forward to the day when he could be re-united with his loved ones who had already passed away….and finally his desires were granted!

IMG_3077

He will always be remembered as the CHOCOLATE GRANDPA! When I was little, Grandpa had a closet out in the garage that was locked. Behind that locked door was a whole closet full of chocolate. Each time we came to visit…all we had to do to get the key to that closet was to sit on his lap and give him a hug and a kiss.

This tradition continued up until the day he died. Everytime the kids and I came to see him they too could give him a hug and a kiss, which they were then rewarded with Hersey kisses. Kendyl learned the name of her Great Grandpa before any of her other Grandpa’s (hmmm….wonder why???)

This was Sadie’s first experience at a funeral….

 IMG_3103

can you tell???

IMG_3103

Grandpa we will miss you! But we are happy you are finally where you’ve been longing to be.

IMG_3175

No comments: