You know it’s a bad sign when the day BEFORE spring break starts…you already need a break from your kids! I don’t know what their deal is…but they spent the WHOLE WEEKEND fighting with each other. So I knew if we were going to start this spring break out right, we needed to get OUT OF THIS HOUSE!
Behind the gym I work at is this awesome park! Funny…I never even knew it was there (and I’ve worked there since August). On my way home from work the other day, I took the back route and discovered this park. (Which I know, it wasn’t much of a discovery since everyone else already knew about it). But either way, I’m just glad we finally made it there. It was the perfect day (75 degrees…slightly overcast). We had a great time.
Judging by Sadie’s response…it was a successful day. Sadie said at one point in the day “THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE”. I’m thinking she’s already forgotten her experience at Disneyland from this past October. Just glad she’s easy to please!
Train Ride
The Carousel
Funny how Sadie’s riding SIDE SADDLE…always a princess!
Wave Runners
This was by far the fastest ride….NOT REALLY…and Sadie began to mock my decision to have her ride this at age 6…going on 16.
I wasn’t buying her dramatization of “FEAR ON THE WAVERS”….
It was a good source of entertainment though…
Ferris Wheel
What mother would stick her three young innocent children on a ferris wheel ride all by themselves….just look at the fear in these kids eyes as they rounded the peak of the ride….
Ok…so maybe it’s not the BIGGEST FERRIS WHEEL you’ve ever seen….good thing…because if it was any bigger I’m not sure I would want my wiggle worm of a two year old to ride solo with sis and brother (especially since the worker was texting the whole time the ride was going!")
I’ll I think of when I see this picture is “BABY RUTH”… especially when it looks like he’s got one big tooth in the front.
This is Kendyl’s best attempt at a “Silly face”. It will come with time. Usually the Reeves “silly face” gene surfaces at about age 3.
Feeding the ducks our lunch…instead of ourselves!
Ice cream treats
And I about passed out when I caught my kids sharing…SO WILLINGLY! I’ve just had to break up one too many fights in the past week…it really brought tears to my eyes :)
1 comment:
What a great park. Looks like a super fun day. Wish we had one of those here.
Post a Comment