I fear for the safety of my children. If I could get away with it, I would require them to wear helmets and padding all day long. Today while I was in the bathroom getting ready I hear Sadie whispering to Mason from the loft… “Mace, you should really do it”. Mason replies “But I don’t want too, I’m scared”. Sadie rebutes “Oh come on Mason, just do it once. If you don’t like it you don’t have to do it again”.
I quickly drop my curling iron and run out to find Mason in a laundry basket and Sadie pushing him at full speed towards the staircase. I grabbed the end of the basket just as he was starting to go down. Seriously saved my boys life with no seconds to spare.
I don’t mind my kids SLIDING down the staircase, there’s just something about ROLLING down the staircase in a basket that has me fearing for their safety.
I told them to go get garbage sacks and have at the stairs….THEY LOVED IT! Meanwhile, I went and hid the laundry basket.
Kendyl got a kick out of just watching the two crazies slide out of control down the stairs. I’m starting to think she’s the one with the brains :)
1 comment:
Funny! Jaxon thought he could ride a little bike down the stairs the other day...he had on his helmet, isn't that good enough! Stairs keep moms on their toes!
Post a Comment