Saturday, June 4, 2011

Down for the count…

DSC_0987

So last Tuesday I was out for my morning run (about 2 1/2 miles from home), when all of a sudden something popped in my back and MY BACK GAVE OUT! I’ve had backaches before…but never had anything like this happen before! I barely made it home. I went straight up to bed and literally could not get out of bed for 48 hours by myself. I couldn’t believe how much pain I was in and how worthless I was. Rich had to work those two days but he did come home occasionally to make sure the house did not burn down. The kids had free reign on the house (which was apparent by the amount of food that was half eaten and laying all over the kitchen).

The hardest thing was trying to discipline my kids from a horizontal position and from the other room. I got real good at yelling at the kids (mostly counting to 5 as a warning…..as if I really could do anything if I got to 5 while laying helplessly in bed. Luckily we never got to 5 so they never discovered that). The best part was one time when I was counting at the top of my lungs 1-2-3-4 for Sadie and Mason to get up to their rooms…Kendyl yells out “Yeah, we play hide and go seek. I’ll go hide.”

Apparently, she can’t tell a difference between my angry count and my happy, fun, playing count. She really went and hid and continued to yell “I’m ready…come find me”.

Cute girl!

P.S. Backs as good as new. I think my body just wanted a mini vacation!

No comments: