Thursday, December 8, 2011

How can I stay mad…

So the other day I got upset over the way Sadie was talking to me (you know with her pre-teen attitude). Later that day I found this on my bed with a necklace she made me inside…

“To Mom, From Sadie. Here this is for you Mom! Tomorrow we can do anything you want. I think you deserve it! I can help to. Look on the back…”

DSC_4391

THE BACK… a picture of us! (p.s. don’t you love the uni-boobs)

DSC_4390

Then the other day Sadie snuck in and made our bed and left this note:

DSC_4389

I LOVE THE… “MY SECOND REASON”… PART! You see my kids have a color chart. If they make good decisions all day they stay on a green. If they do notty things their color changes from yellow to red. Each color has a reward or a consequence. And if they are caught going above and beyond to be a super great helper they move to purple. So that’s what she means by the “going to purple” part. I just laugh that she has to mention it as if her kind act just might go un-noticed! What a doll! She melts my heart! It’s small moments like these that make me realize I have the best job in the whole world. Being a mom is so rewarding despite the fact that I want to pull my hair out most days!

2 comments:

Darren & Lindsay said...

I used to write my mom notes after we would fight. So cute!

Tawni Williams said...

SO SO cute!!