Monday, May 14, 2012

It’s all in the attitude…

So I’ll be the first to admit…Mother’s Day is not the most AMAZING day sometimes (not that it’s bad).. In past years, I’ve thought, even though my family tries to treat me special…I still have to be a fully functioning mom (cleaner, caretaker etc) or else everything falls apart. Yesterday (by my request) I asked for no gifts or special treatments. (Although Rich still made dinner). Not because I don’t appreciate those things…but sometimes taking a day off just makes our home more stressful (and so does spending unnecessary money!) Instead, I just spent the day ENJOYING MY FAMILY! It was wonderful! I tried to clean very little…but in the end had to go at the house in the evening…but other than that, I really just enjoyed our time together…it was so nice!

Mason’s primary teacher put this together in a frame…and I LOVED IT! What a cute idea!

img037

And here’s our attempt to get a good Mother’s Day photo shoot with the kids before taking off to church…

DSC_6599

DSC_6604

DSC_6610   DSC_6600

DSC_6616

DSC_6620  DSC_6603

I THINK WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH….

DSC_6628

No comments: