This weekend some friends and I made a girls trip up to Prescott to run in their 10K. We left Friday evening…got up there just in time to register and go to Olive Garden. We stayed up late doing our nails, making hair ribbons and laughing at our lame jokes. We laugh about the fact that some mothers might get away to drink or party…not us innocent Mormon moms….when we get together we CRAFT! That’s the way we let loose while away from our families.
The course was INTENSE…straight uphill and down. I was originally thinking about doing the marathon but chose to do the 10K because my knee was bothering me. I think it was a blessing that I was injured… I don’t think there’s anyway I could have finished their full marathon…HOLY MOLY…seriously you are either climbing the largest inclines or shredding your joints apart trying to slow yourself down the largest declines. 6 miles was good enough for me this day.
We had so much fun!!!
Lot’s of laughing, shopping…and stuffing our faces! I feel so blessed to have such awesome friends….AND A STINKIN CUTE NEW PURSE I PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY!
2 comments:
You are great! I wouldn't want to do ONE mile uphill :) Glad you had fun!!
Good job! You amaze me with all that you do!
Post a Comment