Friday, January 17, 2014

Sleeping on the job

I had to run a 15 minute errand…. not an all day errand….15 MINUTES!!! Rich was home from work early so I asked if I could leave the Kendyl and Bennett home for that short time. I busted up laughing when I came home to this….

DSC_7613

Not only does he looked completely wiped out ( like he’s been busy watching the kids all day ) but I love that things are such a jumbled mess like something crazy happened in the 15 minutes I was gone. (Notice the one sock, and one shoe on the ground and one on the couch). And what I don’t get was Bennett fussed ALL MORNING (That’s normal he’s a fussy baby). So all morning I was tending to his every need. And then I come home to Rich fast asleep and Bennett completely awake and CONTENT just laying next to Dad. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous that he got to escape into dreamland when I feel like I so badly need to go there myself! A hard working Daddy is a very tired Daddy!

2 comments:

Janet Reeves said...

This made me laugh sooooooo hard! I especially love the one naked foot... Was Kendyl actually the babysitter? I'm glad you have such a fun family!

Kimber Ryan Van and Tye said...

this is SO true!! It seems the dads always get the naps while tending "content" children, but as soon as us EXHAUSTING mothers lay down to take a quick nap, the baby wakes up crying, needing our every second of attention! ha!!