So yesterday while I was laying on my bed after church, Sadie came in and took off my shoes and started rubbing my feet. Then she asked me to sit up so she could rub my shoulders…. THEN she started asking me what my favorite snacks were. She went running off to the kitchen and started shouting out demands to Mason to start preparing my favorite snacks. She came back and told me I couldn’t come into the kitchen because she was preparing a surprise for me for the next morning. She said “Mom I’m putting together a surprise for you and I’m not going to tell you….BUT it’s going to be breakfast in bed…so in the morning stay in bed ok!”
Well the problem with this plan is I get up at 4:45 a.m. to go running every morning. So I promised her that when I got back I would lay back in bed and wait for my surprise. When I got back from my run, Sadie was already at the window holding the curtain just waiting for me (so cute). She got so excited! The door flew open and she told me to close my eyes as she walked me back to my bed. Then she carried in breakfast !!! I had oatmeal, apples, a graham cracker and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (good thing I did some serious running today…this meal was a little bit larger than I’m used too). When Rich asked her why she was making a sandwich she responded “Because someone told me once I make really good sandwiches!!!” So cute. Although the sandwich was covered in glitter from the cute card she made me.
Do you think she’s buttering me up for something???? So far I think this was just an act of love!!
I have the best job in the world….it’s days like this I love being a Mom!
4 comments:
SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!
So cute! And really 4:45am. Actually I would love to be running nice and early, but don't have anyone to go with and don't like to go in the dark alone. Do you go with someone or brave the dark alone? How far are you running these days?
Love it!
Are you kidding me?! How cute is that?!!? Ok girl 4:45 am - that is IMPRESSIVE - how do you keep up with that? Anyway - that is seriously too cute...
Post a Comment