Sunday, June 5, 2011

When the world came crashing down…

So yesterday you would have thought our world came crashing down. The kids left the back door open and a little someone….with black fluffy fur….went missing!!!

We quickly typed up some flyers, and included this picture…. ( which made me laugh that Rich did not crop some things out!!!)

image

We hung them on every light post, mailbox and park. We also hand delivered about 40 to each house in the neighborhood.  (All of this work was done mid-day in 110 degree weather…ugghhh!)

We came home in despair! Then the doorbell rang….all five of us started screaming and ran to the door (we just knew it had to be the kitty because we don’t know anyone here yet, why would anyone else ring our doorbell?)

I think we scared the door salesman when all five of us whipped open the door. We told him we weren’t interested…but asked if he had seen our cat and gave him a flyer.

It had been about 5 hours since she went missing. Things did not look promising so we decided to move on with life and started making dinner.

Rich went upstairs to change his clothes. We all jumped when we heard Rich scream….CHLOE’S HERE!!!  She came walking out of our room yawning and stretching like she had just had the best nap.

Little did she know I was about to give her the best nap of her life…because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to hug her or strangle her. Lucky for her we were quick to forgive and she was welcomed back with hugs!

2 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

Oh SO glad you found her!! I know how crazy that can be... good happy ending..

Tawni Williams said...

SO funny too to have her just at home... little stinker