Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HALLOWEEN…

From the moment Kendyl woke up on Halloween, she kept saying over and over “Let’s paint my face and go trick-or-treating!” I knew I was in for a long day! Soon after breakfast I came into my bathroom to find this:

DSC_3776

DSC_3775

She said “Momma, I painta my face like a lalybug”

I said “We will paint your face later tonight before we go out trick-or-treating. And we are painting your face RED because ladybugs are red”.

So a couple of hours later I found her in the bathroom painting herself up red….she just couldn’t wait to be a LADYBUG!

DSC_3781

DSC_3782

DSC_3822

DSC_3754

We painted Sadie’s face white for the trunk-or-treat and we attempted to do the eyelashes…but they didn’t last long!

DSC_3809

On Halloween we did away with the lashes and painted her face gold…

DSC_3845

Kendyl was so excited to finally have her face painted and costume on! (P.S She was the only one who didn’t complain about walking so much while trick-or-treating. After each house she would scream “I GOTTA CANDY” as if it was the first house we went too. She was so much fun!)

DSC_3799

DSC_3797

DSC_3856

DSC_3858

It was a fun but a tiring night…the kids were beat!

DSC_3760

I didn’t think I would turn out looking so scary…and yes I did traumatize half of the kiddos at the church party. At one point in the night my friends little 1 1/2 year old started crying. I thought she was scared because she couldn’t find her mom (when really she was scared because she was a little too close to a freaky looking witch) so I walked up to her and bent down to pick her up. She started to WAIL…that’s when I remembered just how scary looking I was. Next year I’ll stick with my Little Bo Peep outfit!

Rich dressed up as as a cow for the trunk-or-treat but of course he played photographer while little miss ladybug slept on the wicked witch.

DSC_3860

I think we are all HALLOWEENED OUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

No comments: