Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day…

One of my little blessings woke me up EARLY, EARLY this morning….not with breakfast in bed….but with a request to watch a movie even though the sun was not even awake. Sometimes when this happens I moan and groan at the thought of getting up and going so early…but not today. Today I’m reminded of what a privilege it is to be a mother! These crazy kids of mine have helped me grow in ways I could not have done so myself. They have tested me beyond my capacity to remain patient…and even during the times my patience has failed them…they are so willing to forgive and give me more chances to work harder to be a better mother. After I pulled myself out of bed, I went searching for my little alarm clock (aka MASON) and found him fast asleep back in his bed. I couldn’t help but smile…what a blessing in disguise… to be able to start my morning in peace and quiet and reflect a little on how much Heavenly Father has blessed me to be a mother.

I also found in the quiet morning, time to think about my own mother…

from dad003

She’s been gone 9 years now…it’s hard to believe it’s been that long! One thing I’ve learned is time does not heal the longing to be with a loved one. I miss her, but feel blessed to be able to live with her forever.

For Mother’s Day, I wanted to go to the temple WITH RICH! Sometimes, it’s just easier to go alone. But we made it happen yesterday….and my heart is full.

“There is no one perfect way to be a good mother…each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities and certainly different children. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply, and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her Husband, priorities them about all else” Elder M. Russel Ballard

I’m far from being a perfect mom….but I just feel blessed I get to work towards being a better mom each day. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY EVERYONE!

How could such adorable children…

DSC_6534DSC_6564DSC_6406

Come from this?

DSC_6576

And this???

DSC_6567

NOT SURE…BUT THEY ARE KEEPERS!

DSC_6568