Here’s a picture of Sadie and her closest friend. I love watching these two girls play…they both have the BIGGEST IMAGINATIONS! Their favorite thing to do is go through Sadie’s closet and try on every piece of clothing they can find. They do their best to clean up…but of course I can’t handle having every shirt hung sideways or upside down, so I always get to take on the fun job of hanging everything back in it’s right order….
So today Abby came by to play. She's a little timid of dogs…so when Sadie answered the door and there was no barking dog coming at her, she instantly asked…
A: “Where’s Paige???”
S: “Um my mom sold her” (p.s. we did not sell her…we placed her in a loving home. Sounds so worldly to hear “sell”)
A: “Oh…Why???”
S: “Um…because she wanted her money back”
A: “Oh…”
S: “ But she’s really struggling with it. Abby do you know what struggling means"?”
A: “Not really”
S: “Well struggling means she’s not taking it easy…she cries a lot. But even though she’s struggling she’s going to be ok”
I was laughing so hard as I was standing in the kitchen over hearing this conversation. P.S I did cry….but not a whole lot…but I’m now aware that Sadie has overheard some of my conversations with other people regarding Paige. Which always consists of me saying… “I’m struggling a little bit but I’ll be ok”. At least I’m expanding my child’s vocabulary and she’s being a little advocate in spreading her new found knowledge.
THEN….
Sadie asked me today “Mom do you know what HOT means???” I replied yes. She said “No not HOT like an oven ….like “Man she’s hot”…..WHAT?!?!? She said “See there’s this kid in my class that says that he thinks this girl in my class is hot. It’s just a fun way to call someone cute”….How did my little girl go from being 5 to 16 just by entering into Kindergarten????
2 comments:
Putting the word and meaning together so well too! She is growing up so fast! I had no idea you had 3 kids.
LOL the hot story made me Laugh! I can't wait to see what Ben learns... EEK!
Post a Comment