Friday, February 12, 2010

My heart..hearts my kids!

Today we celebrated Valentines Day…ALL DAY…since Rich and I love each other enough to leave our kids with family (fun V-day for them \’’/) on Valentines Day so we can give each other a little TLC. (We are headed to Vegas on Sunday for a work conference Rich is attending!!!)

A day full of HEART ATTACKS

Valentines Day 001 Valentines Day 003

Heart pancakes…

The kids always think it’s a great day when it starts with pancakes with FROSTING on them…breakfast of CHAMPIONS! Kendyl didn’t get frosting on hers….so I put a little on her nose to see if she could figure out how to get to it. She never did figure out how to get the frosting…but she did manage to find a different treat…YUCK!

I was able to spend the day with Sadie at school helping out with her class room Valentines Party! It was so fun…and brought back so many memories and feelings I had of being in elementary school.

Decorating cookies…

After school we made sugar cookies. (Hmmm….don’t they look just like the pancakes??? They probably have the same nutritional value too!) The plan was to decorate them and take them to neighbors….but that didn’t happen….WHY???

Valentines Day 004 Valentines Day 005 Valentines Day 011

Because I just couldn’t do that to my neighbors…I would have been worried about them contracting some infectious disease after seeing what working conditions these cookies were made in.

Valentines Day 014 Valentines Day 015 Valentines Day 016

I didn’t want to confess that FINGER and TOE jam were the secret ingredients!

Valentines Day 006 Valentines Day 008

And then as if FINGER and TOE jam were not sick enough….I caught Mason under the table sucking back on the frosting container.

SO NEIGHBORS…YOU CAN THANK ME LATER FOR NOT BRINGING YOU OUR DELICIOUS CREATIONS!

Heart Pizzas…

Then for dinner the kids made their own heart pizzas. Mason did not want to wait to cook his so he ate it uncooked….not surprising!

Valentines Day 018

Then when I wasn’t looking he took the whole bowl of cheese and dumped it in his mouth…

Valentines Day 021 Valentines Day 020

THEN…he said. “Yummy cheese for me….none for you guys!”

Valentines Day 023 Valentines Day 022

He may have been stingy with the cheese…but not with his pepperoni kisses! (He made lips out of the pepperoni and went around giving kisses with them)

Camping with lovebugs…

We ended the day with camping in the family room. The kids thought it was so cool…they especially got a kick out of the LOVEBUGS all over the tent (which Sadie especially loved because she helped make them)…

Valentines Day 024 Valentines Day 025

Kendyl went from being one tired grumpy baby…to the life of the party once the tent was set up. She was on cloud 9!

Valentines Day 026 Valentines Day 028

All of the playing made for some fun crazy hair!

Valentines Day 029 Valentines Day 030

After some popcorn and a movie…the kids FINALLY gave in and went to sleep….

Valentines Day 031

Nighty Night!

6 comments:

Kim L. said...

CUTE ideas...I am stealing some of them for tomorrow!

Isaac and Dallas said...

What a fun day. Can I join your family?

birdeeb said...

You are an awesome momma! I love the fun you had for your kids ;o)

Jeff and ReAnn said...

Love it Nick. Can't wait to see you.

Janet Reeves said...

what a fun mom you are! and how long has Kendyl been walking? I guess I've just never noticed it before now and she's probably been doing it for awhile! Nice one, G'ma...

Walter Family said...

You are so creative! How fun!!!