Thursday, September 9, 2010

Midlife crisis….or a healthy desire to be better???

Ok my friends….so lately I feel like I’ve been letting myself go. Ok so gaining 5 lbs may not be letting myself GO! But it’s not my personality to go against what I feel strongly about…. And eating healthy is something I feel strongly about! But lately life has been stressful….and taking care of myself has not been my main priority. I’ve tried to make it a priority….but the “Devilish Nickie” who likes to eat what she shouldn’t has been jumping in the drivers seat. Many of you have joined my 60 day challenge to a healthier happier you…that started 2 weeks ago. That has helped me some…but I want to have a little more accountability than that. So I’m throwing it out there for all to see (yes I am hesitant…but excited about the challenge all at the same time). I have started a new blog at onedayatatimegoal.blogspot.com where I plan on charting all of my daily food intake along with other health related topics (such as what I did for my workout etc).

Anyone want to join me??? If so create your own daily intake blog and let me know what the address is. Let’s find strength in each other. Because making healthy choices now will bless us for years to come!!!

3 comments:

Camie said...

You are killing me Nickie. I am a total sucker for a challenge, but not sure I can keep up with all of your ambitions. I am gonna put some serious thought into this one though cause it sounds like we are on the same page! Oh and I don't think you are nearly old enough to have a mid life crisis!

Patience said...

I say 'midlife crisis' girl. You gotta cut yourself some slack. 5 pds is nothing!! You look GREAT!! You're def in shape, you run every day, (remember the marathon a couple of months ago)I wouldn't get hung so much on the numbers and base it off how you feel...Sorry, prob doesn't sound very nice, but you ARE a strong and healthy woman (plus or minus 5 lbs)!! Remember, you're an inspiration to ALL around you because of this!! We need to talk, its been too long!

Quinne said...

Oh Nickie, I've been so tempted to do this very thing for a long time, but it means I'll really have to stick with it. I'll think about it!