This boy can be the light of my life….and the death of me all at the same time. He’s a limit tester!!! He’s a crazy little man who loves to test his own strength.
Lately, we’ve been very frustrated with the amount of hitting that goes on everyday (mostly between Mason and Sadie). We are constantly trying to redirect his crazy amount of energy into something that doesn’t involve trying to smash someone's face in.
He’s one tough kid though….he came home the other day from preschool with this shiner! Luckily it wasn’t a preschool brawl that brought this on…just a good ol’ run in with another kid’s head at school.
So on Sunday we went to a luncheon for our nephews baby blessing. There were SOOOOO MANY kids there…the majority of them were older kids he didn’t know. We spent the whole luncheon trying to keep Mason’s big guns off of other kids. We kept putting him in time-out after time-out after time-out and nothing was working. Usually time-outs are more effective for him. THEN RICH OVERHEARD A CONVERSATION between some of the older kids. Turns out that behind the scenes they were encouraging Mason to beat up some of the other kids. Rich overheard them putting together teams of who would battle who. And one of the older kids said “I want Mason on my team…he’s a tough kid. Really he is. He’s like football player tough!!!”
I don’t think this brought me any peace or reassurance by any means…but it sure did make me chuckle…enough so that I didn’t lock him up in his room for a week like I originally wanted to when we were leaving the luncheon.
Pray for me. I need more patience…..because this kid will always keep us on our toes!!!
P.S. Dad asked Mason tonight on the phone “SO HAVE YOU BEEN GOOD FOR MOM?” Mason responded, “NOPE NOT TODAY!” At least the boy’s honest!!!!
1 comment:
My boy hits all the time too and it drives me insane! My sister-in-law works with kids and she said that he is little and his brain is working quicker than his body can handle and that is why he hits and gets out of control. She suggested when he gets in his times of hitting to pull him to you and rub his arms in the down position...I tried it on Ben and it works! And she also said to let him pick a ball out and every night roll it down his back and I guess it releases the tension he could be feeling. I haven't tried that yet, but need to do it :o) But try the arm thing :o)
Post a Comment