This song from High School Musical is on one of our kid cds in the car.
As it played, this was the conversation in the car yesterday while taking Sadie and her (CRUSH) Camden to school.
S: “Camden do you hear this song? Do you know it?”
C: “No”
S: “Oh my gosh, you need to watch this movie. It’s amazing you really need to see it.” (p.s. she saw it once….ONE TIME…when a babysitter brought it over to the house.) “It’s about this girl and boy in school who are falling in love and they don’t even know it….REALLY THEY DON’T EVEN KNOW IT YET”
C: “oh”……awkward silence with a little bit a blushing…… “So they are just singing during school?!?!?” (you could tell he’s wondering how they get away with that and not get in trouble)
S: “Yeah…they do”
C: “So they like sing in front of their teacher?”
S: “No silly, as they walk down the hallway.”
C: “Oh…so is everyone just staring at them”
S: “Well….they are kind of just alone. Because they are falling in love and they don’t even realize it. So they sing to just each other.”
C: Silent again as he listens to more of the song…. “ Oh, she must be a really pretty girl”
S; “SHE IS….I’ve seen the movie and she even wears sparkles on her eyes.”
Isn’t love so innocent at age 6. It’s always as simple as love songs and sparkly eyes. I’m dreading the day when some dumb boy will come along and ruin her image of a magical love. That’s why my plan is to lock her up until she’s 21.
At least she’s keeping her options open. She said to me yesterday on the way home from school (without Camden in the car). “You know sometimes I think I still really want to marry Bennett (from Utah). But I wish I could just marry him now so I could move into their house. It was so much fun there. Because if I wait until I’m older, he’s not going to be living in his parents house anymore!” HMMMM….SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT! As much as I love the Coon’s, I just don’t think I’m ready to make my 6 year old a bride.
3 comments:
Wow we really did have fun when they came to visit. Bennett ask about Sadie and Mason all the time. He thinks that you guys are going to come back and move into your old house. He tells me that would be so so cool. Well we really do miss you guys. The summer just wasn't the same. I need my go to and up for anything family.
That's so cute! My 5 year old always talks about when he's a dad...and "when the guy says you may kiss your wife do you jump on her?" WHAT? I have no idea where he is getting his information...They just grow up WAY too fast!! My kids think everyone else's houses are fun too ;o)
That is such a cute story! I love reading your blog, especially Sadie's family rules. Too funny. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment