3 weeks down….and about 12 or so more to go!!! Rich was gone for about 21 days when he returned to visit this weekend for the baby blessing. We know it’s necessary for Rich to be away….but even knowing that sure doesn’t make it any easier. But I’m a firm believer in opposition. And although it’s never fun dealing with the bad….it sure does make you appreciate the good when you’ve got it. Having him gone helps me appreciate every moment I have with him. AND IT WAS A FUN WEEKEND…full of movies, dinners, baseball game (Thanks Lars for the tickets) and waterpark fun. We spent some good quality time together to help us prepare for another 5 weeks until we get to see him again.
So one night as we were laying in bed, Rich said to me “I think you are amazing. I’ve been watching you all day…and I really think I married the most amazing woman”.
I didn’t know if I should laugh or kiss his sweet talkin lips. I mean really, he knows me as well as I know myself….which means one of two things 1) He’s a big fat liar or 2) He loves me despite my weaknesses
And because I know him as well as he knows himself…..I know it’s because of #2! He is the most selfless person I’ve ever met. In our 8 1/2 years of marriage he has never once put me down. He is always encouraging me and supporting me (even in my crazy idea moments).
In attempt to bring my ego back down to earth and let reality set in a bit…..I asked him “If you could change one of my weaknesses, what would it be?”:
I thought he would need a good ten minutes to start mentally running through the list before narrowing it down to just one. But his response was so quick and sincere. He said “I just wish you weren’t so hard on yourself”. WOW….now that’s love. He really does love me….all of me….me along with all of my weaknesses.
I’m a lucky girl!!! I may be hard on myself sometimes…but there’s one thing I will never be hard on myself over…and that was my ability to catch myself an AWESOME MAN. I love you Rich. And I miss you!
3 comments:
Can I just say I love your blog! It is fabulous. I am glad to hear that other little boys are like mine...cause I am often feeling like it is just me and mine! Also this post really made me miss the D-backs games. So much fun! That was one of our favorite things to do in AZ. This post is fabulous. You two are so cute. It's amazing how love just grows...and like you said the tough times make it even stronger!
Wow you guys are the cutest thing. I know how hard it is while he's away but don't give up! He will be home before you know it. You both are so lucky to have each other:)
I always thought you two were the cutest :o) Rich is so easy going and you are great too Nikki! You are hard on yourself and I think you are AMAZING! Sometimes I wish I was like you... :o)
Post a Comment